(a) On-site finishing with 1-2 coats of a recommended varnish is required. For areas class 31, EN 685 use only W-2000 or another suitable varnish for these areas (ask your Wicanders approved dealer for recommendation table).
(b) On-site finishing with 3 coats of a recommended varnish is required. For areas class 31, EN 685 use only W-2000 or another suitable varnish for the these area (ask your Wicanders approved dealer for a recommendation table).
2. EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE
If in the unlikely event that our products do not perform according to the applicable
warranty, we will, at our option, repair, refinish or replace such portion, with the same
product or another product of equal value (at our selection), or refund the purchased price
paid – if replacement or repair is not practical or cannot be made on a timely basis.
A) During the first five (5) years of this warranty we assume liability of removal of defective
products and installation of replacement products, AT NO COST TO YOU. After this
period, (when applicable), we shall only provide the flooring products for replacement,
according to the lifetime usage table below.
B) The value of each m2 of replacing flooring is:
This warranty applies only to flooring products sold as "first quality". No installer, dealer,
agent or employee has the authority to alter the obligations or limitations of this Warranty.
THIS WARRANTY: 1) is valid from the date of purchase, 2) applies only to flooring
products in their original installation location, 3) is extended only to the first end user /
purchaser, whose name is written in the invoice, 4) is not transferable and 5) shall expire if the product or installation location is transferred or re-sold.
This Warranty shall not apply in any of the following cases:
- Installation not made according to procedures and not using the approved auxiliary products, as provided in Wicanders Installation and Maintenance instructions.
- Improper subfloor patch, underlayments, or subfloors. Please consult Wicanders Installation and Maintenance instructions.
- Inadequate product choice for the flooring use conditions. Please consult Wicanders Installation and Maintenance instructions.
- Improper maintenance and use of unapproved auxiliary products. Please consult Wicanders Installation and Maintenance instructions.
- Unapproved modifications or repair not specifically recommended in the Wicanders Installation and Maintenance instructions and not specifically authorized by the manufacturer.
- Extreme environmental conditions, meaning exposure to extreme hear, moisture or dryness (more than 65%, less than 35% R.H)
- Accidents, abuse, misuse, force majeure, damage from heavy furniture or equipment used without sufficient protection, impact damage, scars from sharp or pointed objects, cuts, tears, scuffs, scratches, misuse, negligence, burns, water, erosion, spiked heel shoes, pet claws, pebbles, sand or other abrasives.
- Detectable defects verifiable prior to installation.
Difference in shade or color. Our flooring products are based on natural materials. We do not warrant any difference in shade or color between samples/photographs and the actual flooring. 1) from batch to batch, 2) due to exposure to sunlight, 3) resulting from replacement of a portion of your floor, 4) resulting from the different age and history of the same product reference/batch.
No other warranty, express or implied, is made. Under this warranty, we assume no liability for damages arising from the purchase, use or inability to use this product, or from any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages. By this, we mean any loss, expense or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring, incurred or suffered by or occasioned to the end user / purchaser of a defective product, or to any third party. This warranty gives you specific rights but does not affect any legal rights of any end user / purchaser, and you may also have other rights, which way from Country to Country or State to State. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
4. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM
In the unlikely case that you detect a problem with your flooring product, please take the following steps.
- Provide your supplier with written notice of the problem, proof of purchase date, type and grade of the defective products and amount of flooring involved. Please document your communication and keep the information on file until your problem is resolved.
- If you are not satisfied with your supplier recommendation, an authorized representative must inspect and verify the defect. We reserve the right to designate a representative to inspect the floor and remove samples for analysis. If such defect is verified, and confirmed by an authorized representative, we will proceed as described in point 2.
- If your supplier is unable to solve the problem, contact our head office.