Armstrong products are certified under the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Airborne Toxic Control Measure to Reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products.
This is considered the most stringent emissions standard and is recognized under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standard for green buildings.
Shop Armstrong Hardwood Floors Today!
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification available for solid and engineered hardwood on select products.
- Armstrong has two facilities currently FSC-certified in Somerset, KY and Beverly, WV.
- Armstrong’s engineered wood flooring is certified as a low-emitting (low VOC) wood product.
- Lock&Fold® installation – no adhesive required on select products.
- Parquet flooring available made with scrap material.
- 5/16th solid hardwood – uses half the amount of wood than traditional solid wood.
- Reclaimed hardwood available from HomerWood.
- The majority of wood that we use in domestic hardwood flooring is sourced from the Appalachian Hardwood region, where the growth rate is an average of 2+ trees for every tree harvested.
- Armstrong supports sustainable forest management practices by planting trees to replenish what is harvested.