Limited Residential Lifetime Warranty
Fausfloor® offers the following Limited Residential Lifetime Warranty for floors within the Cosmopolitan™, Really Exotic™ and Masterpieces® collections. If you are unsure as to a floor's warranty or collection, please consult that floor's product page or the insert that came with your floor. All warranties are issued to the original retail consumer and are not transferable.
What Is Covered?
We guarantee that in a dry residential indoor setting, your laminate floor:
- Will not stain from normal household consumable items such as food or drink.
- The melamine resin layer will not wear through.
- Will not fade in color due to normal natural sunlight or household lighting.
What Will We Do If Any Of The Above Listed Things Happen?
If you make a claim within the warranty period and follow our servicing procedures, we will, at our option, either provide material to repair the defective area or replace the floor. If the floor was professionally installed, we will pay reasonable labor cost to repair the defective area or replace the floor during the first five years.
This limited warranty does not cover wear or damage due to improper installation, cleaning, care or maintenance such as:
- Accidents, abuse or misuse.
- Extreme heat or cold.
- Scratching, impact or cutting.
- Improper workmanship or installation not in accordance with our installation instructions.
- Improper maintenance.
- Improper fabrication.
- Freight damage.
- Damages by acts of God.
- Water damage from excessive moisture in a concrete slab, hydrostatic pressure, flooding caused by ice makers, refrigerators, sinks, dishwashers, leaking pipes, flooding, standing water, household mechanical failures, damage caused by water underneath the flooring, including damage from subfloor hydrostatic pressure or other conditions that result in water being below the flooring or natural disasters.
- Planks coming apart at the seams because they have been engaged/disengaged more than three times.
- Installation of flooring that contains any manufacturing defect is not covered by this warranty.*
This warranty is issued to the original retail consumer and is not transferable. The limited warranty applies only when the affected area is visible and covers a flooring area greater than one square inch. Proof of purchase in the form of a sales receipt or other establishing document is required when requesting warranty service. We exclude and will not pay incidental or consequential damages under this warranty. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damages other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. No implied warranties extend beyond the terms of this written warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. In case of any questions, problems or emergencies please call us at 1.888.231.3287.
* Manufacturing: In addition to our original limited residential warranty, we warrant our product against manufacturing defects that exist in its product prior to purchase by the consumer. Any manufacturing defect must be reported prior to the product installation or, under any circumstance, no later than six (6) months after the date of purchase in order to be covered under this warranty. We will replace at our discretion, any such defective material at no additional cost to the customer. Any damage that might occur during shipment is the responsibility of the shipping company.