This warranty is not transferable; it extends only to the original consumer purchaser. Installation must be according to recommended procedures and conditions found in EcoTimber's most current Installation Instructions for the specific product.
Room temperatures below 50° F or above 80° F, or relative humidity below 30% or above 60% will VOID all warranties. These acceptable temperature and relative humidity ranges apply not only to the storage of the product prior to installation and the conditions during installation, but also to the year-round environment of the floor.
Maintenance must be according to recommended instructions found in EcoTimber's Installation Instructions and Cleaning & Maintenance guidelines. Floor must not be exposed to extreme heat, dryness, moisture, water saturation (including wet mopping), and other sources of extreme moisture or changes in moisture. Alteration or repair that is not authorized by EcoTimber will void the warranty.
Warranty excludes impact damage or wear from furniture, seating or fixtures on casters, or equipment used without proper protection. Warranty excludes indentations, scratches or surface damage caused by lack of proper maintenance, misuse, negligence, spiked heel shoes, pet claws, water, erosion, pebbles, sand and other abrasives. No warranties apply to product designated as "B" grade, thrift, antique, bargain, economy, or cabin grade, or nonstandard items. Such product is sold "as is".
Over time, normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor; these changes may vary in areas of the floor that are blocked from sunlight, such as under area rugs. This is not a product defect.
Any damage that occurs during shipping is the responsibility of the shipping company.
Some EcoTimber flooring products are not warranted for installation over radiant in-floor heating systems.
Refer to the installation instructions for the specific product to verify whether or not it is warranted for use over radiant heat, and for specific guidelines and restrictions regarding such installations.
Any claims for warranty must be made in writing, within 30 days after the condition has been detected. If EcoTimber accepts a claim under this warranty, it will repair or replace, as its option, the affected flooring material. If flooring product for which the claim is being made is no longer available, EcoTimber will replace affected flooring material with product of equal or greater value. If after a reasonable number of attempts EcoTimber is unable to correct the defect covered under this warranty, EcoTimber will refund, if requested, the purchase price for the portion of the floor that fails. EcoTimber reserves the right to have a designated representative inspect the floor and remove samples for evaluation of claim.
This warranty is limited to a one time repair or replacement of defective material and shall be the buyer's exclusive remedy. Labor costs for installation, removal, or re-installation are NOT included. No other warranties, express or implied, are made and under no circumstances shall EcoTimber be liable for any loss or damage arising from the purchase, use or inability to use this product or any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including any possible "chemical sensitivity" reactions to off-gassing from our products. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
EcoTimber® Cleaning & Maintenance Instructions For Factory Urethane Finishes
Congratulations on your purchase of EcoTimber® prefinished flooring. Our durable factory urethane finishes are easy to maintain and should provide years of protection for your wood or bamboo floor.
Tradespeople performing work on other elements of the space are one of the most common causes of scratching and damage to pre-finished flooring. Flooring should be one of the last items installed in a remodel or new construction project. If other work is performed after the flooring is installed, the floor should be cleaned thoroughly and covered with a protective layer prior to that work beginning. After installation, follow these simple guidelines.
- There is no such thing as a "scratch-proof" wood floor, but following these basic procedures will reduce the likelihood and frequency of scratches:
Felt padding should be permanently affixed to the legs of all furniture before it is moved into the space.
Do not allow people to wear spiked heels on the floor, which will severely damage even the hardest wood floors and finishes.
Pet claws should be properly trimmed at all times.
Work boots and shoes that may have pebbles lodged in the soles should be removed prior to entering.
- Care should be taken to prevent dirt, sand and grit from accumulating on the surface of your floor. they will act like sandpaper and abrade the finish. Walk-off mats should be placed inside and out at all exterior exits, and the floor should be swept or vacuumed frequently. All mats or rugs should be cleaned and/or replaced on a regular basis. They should also be moved occasionally to allow natural color changes caused y light to occur evenly in all areas.
Use Proper Cleaning Products
- To clean the EcoTimber factory urethane finish, we recommend the Bona-X® Swedish Formula Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Vinegar mixed with water (applied with a slightly damp mop - never wet-mop) is also effective at removing scuffs, dried spills, and dust film. To remove hard-to-clean substances such as chewing gum, use Good-Off® or Goo-Gone®, available at most hardware stores and supermarkets. Floor waxes, oil soaps and petroleum-based cleaners should not be used under any circumstances.
Avoid Standing Moisture
- Water and hardwood floors don't mix. Never wet-mop your floor, and always clean up spills and standing water as soon as possible. With water or any other cleaning agent, be sure to thoroughly ring out the applicator or mop prior to applying it to the floor. A damp mop is fine as long as the moisture is limited to an amount that will evaporate almost immediately. Moisture that is allowed to seep into the seams between the planks may cause damage your flooring. Do not allow soiled mats or rugs to stay on the floor as they can trap moisture on the surface.
- In areas such as bathrooms, kitchens and spaces where food service occurs, top-coating the floor immediately after installation will help prevent against moisture damage. In heavy food service areas such as restaurants, two to three top-coats are recommended. Periodic recoating in any area will help prolong the life and restore the new appearance of your floor. by recoating the floor at the first signs of wear, you will be able to bring your floor back to new condition with relatively little cost and inconvenience. To top-coat or recoat your EcoTimber® floor, lightly screen (abrade) the top surface of the factory finish and then apply Bona Traffic® floor finish by Bonakemi®. Bonakemi® also offers the Bona Prep® system that allows top-coating without screening or sanding. Follow all BonaKemi® application instructions carefully.