© 2000-2007 AWI Licensing Company. All rights reserved
Effective as of May 01, 2006
Who is Covered?
All warranties in this Limited Warranty Guide are given only to the original retail purchaser of our product. Our warranties are not transferable.
What is Covered and For How Long?
The limited warranties described below are subject to the product applications, limitations, disclaimers and exclusions described below and are effective for floors purchased after May 1, 2006. All warranties run from the date of retail purchase for the applicable period described below.
What Are You Responsible For Under Our Warranties?
To be covered under our warranties (except under the Pre-installation Defects Warranty) you need to retain your sales slip and make sure that the flooring is properly installed in accordance with our installation instructions provided with the flooring. To be covered under our Lifetime Subfloor Moisture Protection Warranty, keep your proof of pre-installation moisture test results and sales slip confirming use of our recommended adhesives. To be covered under our Radiant-heated Subfloor Warranty, keep the flooring surface at or below 85º F (29º C) and the relative humidity between 35% and 55%. You must also properly care for your new floor using our easy-to-follow maintenance instructions on the reverse side of this brochure. We recommend that you use only our specially formulated floor care products to preserve your flooring. Use of floor care products other than those we have specially formulated for use on our flooring products may damage your floor and void this warranty.
What Will We Do If Any Of The Covered Events Occur?
If any of the covered events listed in this guide occur within the warranty periods specified for the respective flooring product, we will recoat, refinish, fill or furnish comparable flooring (of our manufacture and of similar color, pattern, and quality.), for either the repair of the defective area or the replacement of the floor, at our option. In the unlikely event that we are unable to correct the problem after a reasonable number of attempts, we will refund the portion of the purchase price for the section of failed flooring. If your floor was professionally installed, we will also pay reasonable labor costs for the direct repairs or replacement within the first five years of the warranty period, or the length of the warranty period, whichever is less. These warranties do not include removal or replacement of cabinets and other fixtures.
For our products with the Lifetime Subfloor Moisture Protection Warranty, we will replace or repair such flooring no more than once, which is your exclusive remedy under this warranty. If the replacement or repair fails in the same manner a second time, the site conditions will be deemed unacceptable for the installation of our hardwood floors.
These are the exclusive remedies under this warranty if a defect or other warranted condition occurs. We reserve the right to verify any claims or defect by inspection and have samples removed for technical analysis.
What Is Not Covered By These Warranties?
• Wood flooring installed in full bathrooms with a shower or tub.
• Damage caused by fire, flooding, and other natural disasters and Acts of God.
• Damage caused by negligence, accidents, misuse or abuse.
• Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar or hard heads (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Damage caused by appliances, furniture and casters (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Damage caused by cutting from sharp objects (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Reduction in gloss, scratches or indentation due to sand, pebbles or other abrasives, pets, insects, construction traffic, or failure to maintain the floor as required (see Care and Maintenance Guidelines).
• Color, shade or texture variations between samples, printed color photography or replacement flooring and the actual material.
• Color variations between flooring and/or samples and other flooring or wood products, which you wish to match (e.g., cabinets, stair railings, trim, etc.).
• Deficiencies related to subfloor/floor joist assemblies, subfloor preparation materials, and fasteners including, but not limited to, uneven subfloor surfaces, floor deflection or voids in the subfloor.
• Noises (squeaks, etc.) associated with anything other than the mismanufacture of the flooring.
• Naturally occurring wood characteristics such as variations in grain, color, mineral streaks and knots.
• Changes in color due to exposure to sunlight and age.
• Natural expansion and contraction resulting in separation between boards or damage caused by low or excessive humidity.
• Products designated as "thrift," "antique," "tavern," "bargain," "cabin grade," "seconds," "economy grade," "rustic," "close-out," "off-goods" or "non-standard." Such products are sold "AS IS."
• Floors that are installed in other than owner-occupied or tenant-occupied residences.
• Commercial installations of residential products.
• Construction or installation-related damage.
• Floors damaged or adhesive breakdown caused by subfloor moisture or water damage, including without limitation, due to broken or leaking water pipes, flooding,wet-mopping spills or weather conditions.
• Installation defects, including installations made: (i) in violation of applicable state or local housing or building codes, or (ii) contrary to written instructions furnished with the product.
NOTE: YOU AND YOUR INSTALLER ARE RESPONSIBLE TO INSPECT FLOORING PRIOR TO INSTALLATION. WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LIABILITIES, CLAIMS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING LABOR COSTS,WHERE FLOORING WITH VISIBLE DEFECTS HAS BEEN INSTALLED.
What Is Excluded From These Warranties?
None of our installers, retailers, distributors or employees has the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers or exclusions under any of our warranties.
WE EXCLUDE AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR PAY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES UNDER OUR WARRANTIES.
By this we mean any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Our limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND FOR ALL NON-CONSUMER PRODUCT, ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN OUR LIMITED WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISES UNDER STATE LAW, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY,TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THESE WARRANTIES GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
What Should You Do If You Have A Problem?
We want you to be happy with your floor purchase. If you are not, call your retail store first.They can answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. If you have further questions, please contact us at:
Armstrong Claims Department
P. O. Box 3001
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17604-3001
1 800 233 3823
PLEASE KEEP YOUR SALES RECEIPT. INFORMATION REGARDING THE CLAIMED DEFECT AND DATE AND PROOF OF PURCHASE MUST BE PROVIDED.
BRUCE HARDWOOD FLOORING BY ARMSTRONG NATURAL CHOICE MAPLE STRIP