Effective March 1, 2007.
ARMSTRONG FLOOR CARE AND WARRANTY GUIDE
Care Instructions -
For ALL Armstrong Laminate Flooring Installations
Sweep or vacuum using the wand attachment, then follow with Armstrong recommended floor care products. The Armstrong™ Hardwood & Laminate Cleaning System Kit (S-304) contains a swivel head mop, washable mop cover, and an Armstrong Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner* (S-302) spray bottle.
In very sandy areas, sweep or vacuum more frequently.
For spills or wet areas, immediately wipe with a cloth or sponge and clean with Armstrong Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner.
Laminate Flooring, like other types of smooth floors, can become slippery when wet. Allow time to dry after cleaning.
Do not use soap-based detergents or "mop and shine" products, as these may leave a dull film on your floor.
Do not wax or polish your floor.
Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder that can scratch your floor.
Remove tough spots like shoe polish, tar and asphalt driveway sealer with nail polish remover containing acetone**. Then wipe with a damp cloth.
For other stains, please call Armstrong Customer Relations and Technical Services, at 1 800 233 3823
* Eye & Skin Irritant - please follow instructions on label.
**May be combustible/flammable; please follow instructions on label.
PROTECT YOUR BEAUTIFUL NEW FLOOR
Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to collect tracked-in dirt and absorb excess moisture.
For added indentation resistance, use Armstrong floor protectors on chairs and other furniture. The heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be.
You may purchase Armstrong floor care products and floor protectors at www.efloors.com
KITCHEN AND HIGH-MOISTURE AREAS
For all installation systems, it is generally a good idea to use 100% silicone caulk in areas of rooms where excessive moisture may be present such as at kitchen sinks, dishwashers, icemakers and around pipes.
Full Bathroom Installations
ArmaLock® Installation System: 100% silicone caulk must be used around the entire perimeter and 3/32" bead of glue on the top of the tongue ONLY. Full bathroom installation for residential use only.
25-Year Classics & Origins™ Collection
Residential Wear Warranty (in years) 25 (2)
Residential Fade Warranty (in years) 25 (3)
Residential Stain Warranty (in years) 25 (4)
Residential Topical Water Damage Warranty (in years) 25 (5)
Free from Manufacturing Defects Warranty (in years) 25 (6)
Light Commercial Warranty (in years) 5 (7)
(2) We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the floor will not wear through the decorative print layer under normal household use when maintained in accordance with our recommended maintenance guidelines. Mere reduction in gloss is not "wear".
(3) We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the floor will not fade from sunlight or artificial light, under normal household use when maintained in accordance with our recommended maintenance guidelines.
(4) We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the floor will not stain under normal household use when maintained in accordance with our recommended maintenance guidelines.
(5) We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the floor will resist topical water damage, meaning that the planks or tiles will not swell, delaminate or peak at the seams due to topical spills, provided that liquid is promptly wiped up and the floor is allowed to dry.
(6) We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for the period indicated, the floor, in its original manufactured condition, will be free from manufacturing defects.
(7) We warrant to you (the original purchaser) that for five years from the date of original purchase, and in a light commercial indoor setting, your floor will not stain, fade from sunlight or artificial light, will not show wear and will be free from manufacturing defects, when installed and maintained in accordance with our recommended installation and maintenance guidelines. Mere reduction in gloss is not "wear".
HOW DO I GET SERVICE?
We want you to be happy with your Armstrong floor. If you're not, call your retail store. They can answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. If you have further questions please call us at 1 800 233 3823.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECIEPT
Armstrong needs the receipt in order to verify date and proof-of-purchase to resolve any problems that may occur. Your warranty applies only to you, the original purchaser, for one installation. Removal, reinstallation, or unauthorized repairs shall void this warranty.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
This warranty does not cover damage caused by:
Improper care and maintenance (see our Care Instructions).
Accidents, abuse or misuse.
Abnormal wear and tear such as damage caused from spike heel shoes, insufficient protection from furniture, pebbles, sand and other abrasives.
Improper installation or workmanship, not in accordance with Armstrong's installation instructions.
Water trapped beneath the floor due to improper subflooring or underlayment.
Exposure to extremes of temperature or relative humidity.
Water due to excessive moisture in a concrete slab, hydrostatic pressure, flooding caused by malfunctions from appliances such as dishwashers, ice makers, refrigerators, sinks, pipes or from natural disasters.
Planks coming apart at the seams because they have been engaged/disengaged more than three (3) times (Armstrong ArmaLock Laminate Flooring only).
Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bars and hard or metal caster wheels.
When vacuuming, we recommend using the wand attachment on your vacuum.
If rolling casters are used, we recommend only soft wheels that are wide enough to support the load
Hard or metal caster wheels (if rolling casters are used, we recommend only soft wheels that are wide enough to support the load).
Damage caused by pet urine which has not been promptly wiped up and removed.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY?
None of our installers, retailers, distributors or employees has the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers or exclusions under any of our warranties.
WE EXCLUDE AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR PAY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES UNDER OUR WARRANTIES. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Our limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND FOR ALL NON-CONSUMER PRODUCT, ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN OUR LIMITED WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISES UNDER STATE LAW, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INDLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THESE WARRANTIES GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
This warranty is effective March 1, 2007.