Armstrong S-693 Premixed Sanded Acrylic Grout
Important Technical Notes: Use at temperatures between 65° F (18º C) and 90º F (32º C). For interior use only. Recommended for grout joints 1/16" - 1/4" wide. Not recommended for underwater areas.
Surface Preparation: Before grouting, make sure tiles are firmly bonded and clean. All grout joints must be clean and dry.
1. Work only a small area at a time, [6 - 10 ft.², (0.5 - 1.0 m²)].
2. Using a rigid float, fully pack the premixed grout into the open joints between tiles.
3. Avoid spreading grout over the entire tile surface. Rather, try to apply it only in the immediate area of the open joints.
4. Make sure all joints are free of gaps and voids.
5. Remove excess grout from the tile, moving the float on the edge diagonally across the tile surfaces while the premixed grout is still fresh.
6. The grout surface should be flush with the tile edge.
1. Allow the grout to firm-up prior to clean-up. The set time (3 - 8 min.) may vary depending on the temperature and the humidity condition.
2. Apply a very light film of water over the grouted tile surface using a spray bottle.
3. Allow the water to sit on the tile surface for 20 - 30 seconds.
4. Using a clean, damp, white 3M pad, very gently rub diagonally across the grout joints to loosen the grout haze.
5. Then take a clean damp flat square sponge and slowly wipe diagonally across the tile to remove the remaining grout and water. Repeat until the surface is clean. Use two buckets of water; one for rinsing most of the grout residue and the other for moistening the sponge for the following clean-up.
1. Allow the grout to dry for 24 hours prior to final clean-up. Use a clean damp flat square sponge to wipe off the remaining grout haze. Armstrong Once 'n Done and a white 3M pad may also be used to remove grout residue. Rinse with clean water.
2. Grout sealers are not recommended for Armstrong premixed Sanded Acrylic Grout.
3. Armstrong Once ' n Done is recommended for continued routine maintenance.
4. If the grout becomes damaged or there is a void or low spot in the grout joint, premixed grout may be re-applied on top of existing grout.
Protection: Ready for light traffic in 24 hours. Wait at least 72 hours prior to moving any furniture on the floor.
Do not use Armstrong New Beginning or other floor strippers for cleaning the grout or maintaining the grouted installation as they are too harsh and will degrade premixed acrylic grout.
For 16" x 16" tile, 1/8" (3 mm) joint: 325 sq.ft./gal (31 sq. m)
For 16" x 16" tile, 3/16" (4.76 mm) joint: 275 sq.ft./gal (26 sq. m)
For 16" x 16" tile, 1/4" (6.35 mm) joint: 225 sq.ft./gal (21 sq. m)